The State Pier renovation project will create a dynamic plaza space connecting two phases of the boardwalk project currently underway, creating a focal point at the terminus of Arnolds Park Promenade (completed July 2019). The 5,500 square foot pedestrian plaza will feature a large fountain and reflecting pool below three stainless steel sail sculptures, precast concrete benches/amphitheater seating, landscape beds, and decorative paving surrounded by a custom LED hand rail. Dramatic lighting on the sails and fountain will create a visible landmark that coordinates with the arches of the Promenade. The plaza itself is a compass, oriented North/South, with a North Arrow and a map of the Iowa Great Lakes as decorative elements in the paving. Visitors will enjoy the sights and sounds of the plaza while viewing the lake from a variety of seating options.
The design features include:
- Iconic stainless-steel sculptures with color-changing LED lighting
- Large fountain and reflecting Pool
- Mural in fountain basin
- Precast concrete benches and amphitheater seating
- Updated granite donor pavers
- Lakes map and north arrow in paving
- Captain Steve Kennedy statue with lighting
- Custom illuminated hand rail
- New tables, chairs and benches
- Lush landscaping for year-round interest
If you are interested in purchasing an engraved brick, to be placed on the State Pier, please click on the button above. Complete the form and using a major credit card, you may purchase a personalized donor brick. Historic Arnolds Park Amusement Park, Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 Corporation and your donation is deductible to the full extent of the law.